Bronwyn holds a Bachelor of Laws, a Bachelor of Psychological Science and a
Bachelor of Arts (Criminology and Criminal Justice) and a Graduate
Diploma in Legal Practice.
For the past twelve years Bronwyn has worked in dispute resolution, with a focus
on strata, building and construction and insolvency law.
Bronwyn has advised bodies corporate that are regulated by the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997, the Building Units and Group Titles Act 1980
and the Mixed Use Development Act 1993.
As an owner and resident in a scheme herself (including having previously served as a committee member), and having assisted numerous bodies corporate, owners and managers to resolve disputes, Bronwyn understands the needs of her clients.
Bronwyn is particularly focused on resolving disputes at an early stage (or even before
they arise!), and as efficiently and effectively as possible, having regard to the (usually)
continuing relationship that exists between the parties to a strata dispute.
Bronwyn’s extensive experience includes:
1. adjudication applications in the Office of the Commissioner for Body Corporate and Community Management;
2. complaints about defective and incomplete building work in the Queensland Building and Construction Commission;
3. applications in the Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal, including appeal of adjudicator’s orders; disputes concerning management rights; review of QBCC decisions and review of service contracts;
4. complaints and summons for alleged offences under strata legislation in the Magistrates Court;
5. enforcement of adjudicator’s orders in the Magistrates Court; and
6. levy recovery in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts.
Bronwyn has a particular interest in advising about:
1. by-law contraventions;
2. insurance obligations;
3. maintenance and repair of buildings;
4. responsibility for fencing, retaining walls and trees;
6. exclusive use allocations; and
7. compliance with development approvals.
In her spare time she has a keen interest in discovering new restaurants, with her husband and two miniature poodles.
Bronwyn works at the Brisbane office.